Re: Mobility in Tw

Subject: Re: Mobility in Tw
From: Brian Martin <bmartin -at- NMO -dot- GTEGSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 10:59:23 -0800

I happen to know first hand of an example of a technical writer, come
department manager, who went on to become a VP for a very large american
corporation. He has the personality and the talent for it. He was also given an
opportunity by the management. They saw a problem solver and they worked him
hard. To my knowledge, he's still there fighting. (I have moved on.)

It's not a job I'd want, but everybody in the TW (TC) group who worked for him
was excited by that occurance and wished him well.

Yes, Virginia. There is upward mobility if that's what you're cut out for.