Re: "Space, the Final Frontier!"

Subject: Re: "Space, the Final Frontier!"
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:51:09 -0800

snip>The word is that upper management thinks that "open space"
increases
productivity. I noticed, however, that all of them have offices with
walls and doors!<snip

I'd say you hit the nail on the head, Andrea. I responded to Virginia
privately and commented on how much I hate certain coworkers who walk up
to my desk and shamelessly read what's on my monitor. One of these is a
higher-up (not really my boss) who does seem to take a proprietorial
interest in what I'm spending my time on. Another is someone who's just
one of those people who has to know everything that's going on, and
wouldn't hesitate to call me on anything if he thought I wasn't
acting/working appropriately.

Now maybe this does inhibit goofing off (like spending all day on the
web), but for me it also adds an anxiety level I could do without. I'm
always worried about having to justify what I'm doing.