Writers' Wish List

Subject: Writers' Wish List
From: Nancy Walsh <Nancy_Walsh -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:02:09 UT

I'm about to embark on a new career path; I've accepted a technical editing
position at a noncomputer-related company. My background includes 15 years of
experience in editing and writing for a research magazine that was distributed
to a lay audience. Before I start the job, I'm conducting some research,
including reviewing technical editing books. (Of course, "Technical Editing"
by Judith Taruntz is a must read!)

My question is this: What do technical writers want from technical editors?
In other words, what do you find most useful and, conversely, what drives you
crazy? Also, what tips can you share with me that will get the writer/editor
relationship off to a good start and keep it that way?

I appreciate your perspectives.

Please respond to me privately, unless you think this information would be
useful to all list members.

Thanks,

Nancy_Walsh -at- msn -dot- com