Microsoft Word Dictionary

Subject: Microsoft Word Dictionary
From: Ana Maria Gallo <anitamari -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:17:12 -0800

>From Stacey Marner <marners -at- CORSAIR -dot- MANTECH-WVA -dot- COM>:
> As I was looking up spelling of a word (life-cycle vs. life cycle) I
> noticed that Word doesn't give credit anywhere to any dictionary. Do
> they write their own or does anyone know what dictionary they base
> their spell checker on? I'm also wondering if there are custom
> dictionaries that you could install into Word (like Webster's?) to
> override the default spell checker. Just seeing what's out there.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stacey
> marners -at- mantech-wva -dot- com

My edition of Word credits Houghton-Mifflin. I used the GET INFO command
on my Macintosh. Houghton-Mifflin is also listed in the 'credits' frame
that is shown while Word is loading. There is also an option to select
an alternative dictionary which I haven't tried. I'd be interested to
hear from anyone who has.

Ana Maria Gallo
anitamari -at- earthlink -dot- net