Re: STC Annual Conference

Subject: Re: STC Annual Conference
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:06:34 GMT

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997 16:41:00 -0500, you wrote:

> My biggest push is that my company is producing more and more internet
> products. I really don't want someone to suddenly say, Hey can we
> provide help with this? and me not have the skills to do it.(Read: JOB
> PRESERVATION)
>
> So I have been asked to provide a document justifying the cost of
> attending a conference including examples of seminar content and
> classes. I'm thinking about snowballing them with so much paper they
> just give up and send me so as to save money on xerox paper.
>
> Umm... I hafta go pound a few rocks or somethin'
>
> Kathleen Padova
> Millstar Electronic Publishing Group
> {www.millstar.com}
> kpadova -at- millstar -dot- com

You may want to check out the official STC conference Web page at
http://www.stc-va.org/Conference/conference_frame.html. That should give you
a lot of ammunition as it has the program schedule.

At a rough gess I'd say that about 20% of the programs are Web related and
maybe another 20% have something to do with online topics. I don't think
you'll get more bang for your buck anywhere else.

Best
Keith