Crossing the Border

Subject: Crossing the Border
From: Dave Lewis <dlewis -at- SPECTRANET -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:55:02 -0500

I am new to the list and would really appreciate some advice from fellow
tech writers.

I live in Canada, but am hopeful of a short term assignment in the U.S. I
know that I would qualify for the TN-1 visa, but can anyone who has gone
through this procedure tell me what else I need. Also, do I need a Social
Security Number and how did you obtain it?

Any experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please
respond to my email address dlewis -at- spectranet -dot- ca as I receive these posts
in digest form and need to know this information as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Lewis