Re: Microsoft help format on other platforms

Subject: Re: Microsoft help format on other platforms
From: RJACOBSE -at- GPS -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:14:17 -0500

There's a compiler and reader for MacOS called QuickHelp (from Altura
Software, www.altura.com) that "provides true simultaneous cross-platform
development. Its nearly seamless cross-platform capabilities allow you to
author once and compile your help projects simultaneously on Windows and
the Macintosh." Basically, you take the source RTFs and the HPJ for your
WinHelp project, and compile that to run on a Mac. We use it and are very
satisfied with it.

Roy Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com
Date : 04/24/97 09:37 PM
To : TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc :

From : maynard @ GOL.COM

Subject : Microsoft help format on other platforms

Although I have seen references to reading Windows help files under
Unix,
I was wondering if there was such an animal for the MacOS.

You see, this morning I was recommending that manual that I love to hate,
the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications, to an
acquaintance translating Win95J materials on a Mac.

===

Maynard Hogg
#306, 4-30-10 Yoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 158
Fax: +81-3-3700-7399
Internet: maynard -at- gol -dot- com
http://www2.gol.com/users/maynard/
Unsolicited commercial electronic mail sent to this address will be
proofread at a cost of US$200/hour (half-hour minimum).

~~
message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send
commands
Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search
and browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/
Send list questions or problems to the listowner at ejray@