Re: Framemaker, TIFF and arrows

Subject: Re: Framemaker, TIFF and arrows
From: Lynn Gold <figmo -at- RAHUL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:33:01 -0700

Party Partners wrote:

>Dear list:
>
>I am working with Framemaker 5.1.1 and attempting to place white
>arrows on top of a graphic frame. A TIFF image has been imported into
>the frame. I can get black arrows to appear but because the image is
>a grey scale TIFF image I need to use white arrows. I have tried
>changing the graphic tools to use different pens but to no avail. It
>works on other images but not TIFF. Does anyone no why?

Have you tried the following:

1. Create the arrow in black.
2. While the arrow is still selected, use the Color button in the Drawing
Tool window to select White.
3. Try either selecting the TIFF and selecting "Send to Back" in the
left-hand menu of the expanded Drawing Tool window, or selecting the
arrow and "Bring to Front". One of those should work.

--Lynn Gold "net.fogey" figmo -at- rahul -dot- net,
Senior Technical Writer, TCSI (weekdays) or lgold -at- tcsi -dot- com
News Anchor, KLIV & KARA News (weekends)

Quote of the week:

"When I watch TV and see those poor, starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with
all those flies and death and stuff."

-- MARIAH CAREY, WENN (World Entertainment News Network)
and quoted on Radio 1 by both Kevin Greening and Chris Evans