Obtaining Canadian Money

Subject: Obtaining Canadian Money
From: R2 Innovations <R2innovations -at- MYNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:49:07 +0000

The STC Conference in Toronto is being held in the heart of the city
of Toronto. I would strongly advise _against_ getting your money
exchanged at the airport -- their rates are usually higher than at
any of the banks, many branches of which are in the conference area.

Get some money transferred at you local bank before you leave and
then obtain the additional funds at a Canadian bank or, as has been
suggested on this list, use your debit card or your Mastercard or
Visa card. I have had friends visit from the US and many employees
and customers of where I work (Canadian branch of a US company) have
not had any p[roblems using their cards at hotels and restaurants in
the city.

If you have any questions, drop by the Toronto Chapter Hospitality
booth and we will try to assist you in any way. We even have
several members who work for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada -
one of the largest - so we can get the straight goods if problems
occur. Toronto Chapter members will be very visible all during the
conference and we are dedicated to making your visit to our city and
enjoyable and memorable one.

See you when you get here
Ralph E. Robinson
Border Issues Manager
44th STC Annual Conference Committee
Toronto STC Chapter
R2 Innovations
Specializing in ISO 9000 documentation and implementation.
Author of "Documenting ISO 9000: Guidelines for Compliant
Documentation", available from R2 Innovations on the WWW
at http://www.myna.com/~r2innovn/.

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search and
browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Previous by Author: Re: Help or User Manual First?
Next by Author: Converting temperature while in Toronto
Previous by Thread: Parent and Child - Other words
Next by Thread: Working in the UK: Some answers

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads