Re: Is temping a good way to start?

Subject: Re: Is temping a good way to start?
From: Kathryn Fuhlbrigge <KFuhlbrig -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:50:01 -0400

Stephen wrote:
>Obviously, I know nothing about your aptitude and ability, but I do
>have a comment. The qualities you mention above are prerequisites,
>but are really the smallest part of what a good tech writer does.
>Organization and presentation of complex information is what it's
>really about, and that involves a lot more than writing.

My greatest ability (IMHO) is my ability to absorb HUGE amounts of
information, dissect it, figure out what is really important, and recombine
it in a logical way. Then, I can structure the information is such a way
(usually via writing) that others will find it easy to understand.

That's why I found the idea of tech writing so appealing...it seems to use
both my best skills and the things I enjoy. If this answer seems appropriate,
I'd appreciate any advice you can give on how to get started. I fear that if
this was your immediate response, potential employers may react similarly.

Kathryn