Re: Upgrading from Word

Subject: Re: Upgrading from Word
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 13:03:23 -0800

On Sun, 25 May 1997 13:59:39 -0400, Jeffrey Hsu wrote:

>Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about FrameMaker vs.
>Interleaf.
>
>I'm trying to make a case for upgrading to FrameMaker from Microsoft
>Word, which we currently have. Can someone concisely identify the
>benefits which a package such as FrameMaker has over a word processor
>such as Microsoft Word? I currently produce manuals, training guides,
>and other software documentation.

It's simple: use the right tool for the job. A finishing hammer is
fine for building cabinets; you wouldn't use it to frame (pardon the
pun) an entire house.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.

"Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

- Professor Robert Silensky
California University