Re: Advice on digital cameras

Subject: Re: Advice on digital cameras
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 21:15:09 -0800

On Tue, 27 May 1997 08:52:28 -0700, Bob Morrisette wrote:

>We use several methods for capturing photos for Manufacturing
>Assembly Instructions. The most effective has been using
>video pictures of an assembly process. You play the video and
>capture the correct frames for editing with PhotoShop and
>Illustrator, if necessary.

Another very neat little device for this is the Snappy. It's a
parallel-port-connected video frame grabber that, for its price
(CDN$299 last I checked) does an excellent job of capturing still
shots, and all-told, a very admirable job of grabbing shots from moving
video. It will produce output at 320x200, 640x480, and 1280x960 (or
thereabouts, I don't remember the highest resolution exactly, but it's
pretty big... and sharp!).

As with the other options, it's not the highest-"pro"-quality, but for
its price, it works wonders.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"