Marketing ideas?

Subject: Marketing ideas?
From: David Boss <bosscomm -at- INTERLOG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:38:56 -0500

Hi! Just subscribed to this list.I am an electrical engineer in
Mississauga (suburb of Toronto) with 8 years in corporate communications
and experience in product management, marketing, and sales. I was
"downsized" out of my corporate position last year and decided to work
for myself. First year was pretty good -- I made a connection that
brought me constant work scanning/OCR/editing material for a local trade
magazine, finished a manual I had been working on at my former employer,
got a big job creating 35 Excel spreadsheets (40 columns by 9000 rows!)
and analyzing data from a competitor of my former employer, and picked
up several smaller jobs creating PowerPoint presentations. Things have
slowed down considerably over the last couple of months, however, and I
am trying various marketing ideas without much success so far. Any
suggestions on how to grow my business?