minimalist documentation?

Subject: minimalist documentation?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:07:00 +0100

Hello Hillary,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM an All am 08.07.97

hh> I've been reading some about minimalist documentation. Has
hh> anyone put
hh> that into practice or have success/failure stories about it?

simply take a shrink-wrapped copy of Winword 95 in your hands. Considered the
complexity of the product this clearly is minimalist documentation :-(((

hh> Any opinions about how it should be done--for example, in
hh> conjunction with
hh> online help, or only with tutorial type materials?

You can certainly reduce the paper if you use online documentation. You need
to describe installation und basic concepts, but most of the rest could be put
into the online help.

Outside the software world minimalist documentation might mean quite different
things.

hh> By the way, my source for info about this is John Carroll's
hh> "The Nurnberg Funnel."

Anything about my home town I don't know about?

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance Technical Writer (electronics, software)