Re: Salary info from Coopers and Lybrand survey

Subject: Re: Salary info from Coopers and Lybrand survey
From: Donald Ray <dray -at- CELCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:58:59 -0500

The rates are low for the Telecommunications industry. In this industry,
a seasoned veteran can easily command a $60,000.00 base salary. And, in
the telecommunications industry, salaried Technical Writers are paid
overtime. In fact, some of my peers in the Washington DC area earn
$80,000.00 annually for a 40 hour week.

Why do we get paid so much? Might be because we are technical types who
happen to be good technical writers. As for myself, I hold three
degrees, ASCS, BA, and MSCS.