More he, she and whomsoever

Subject: More he, she and whomsoever
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:17:00 -0700

Okay, folks! I think we got the message.

THOU SHALT NOT USE HE OR SHE IN TECH WRITING!
(Or he/she, s/h/it, S/he, etc.)

To summarize:

1. Reword sentence to eliminate personal pronouns.
2. Use the generic forms like "one" and "you".
3. Use the plurals when possible (without messing with subject/verb
agreement).
4. Use job titles; such as the operator, the writer, the user, the
technician, etc.
5. Fantasize about future generic pronouns.

Did I cover everything?

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist...)