Re: Version vs. Revision

Subject: Re: Version vs. Revision
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:42:00 -0700

Suzanne Lee suggested (below) that using version could be confusing to
the users if the software didn't match the documentation. I can see her
point. Our documentation has a version number, followed by a release
number and a fix number. (Ex: 3.01.03) It always matches the code
version numbers. How can you keep track of which documentation supports
which code without matching the version numbers?

BTW, I have no aversion to using the revision system and even have used
a combination of version and revision to describe a release. (Ex:
Version 3.0, Rev. A) It all depends on what my employer has developed to
track the products.