Re: Microsoft FrontPage question

Subject: Re: Microsoft FrontPage question
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:07:09 -0400

Jacqueline Fry wrote:--snip--

> However, after I select the image as the background, it appears there,
> but it is "tiled". I would like for the .jpg
> to be centered in the background, not appear as a continuous image! In
> the Background window, there is no option for selecting "tiled" or
> "centered". Is there any way to fix this?

There is a way to specify a fixed background, but as far as I know, it's
IE4 only. All other browsers will tile it. CSS may allow it too, but
full support of CSS is few and far between with the current browsers,
and not supported at all in the previous-generation browsers.

> BTW, if this is not an appropriate question for Techwr-l, can someone
> direct me to a list/newsgroup/whatever that deals with this type of
> stuff?

Try http://www.hwg.org (the HTML Writers Guild). They have several
topic-specific mailing lists to which you can subscribe, including an
HTML-specific list. Your question would have been very appropriate
there.

Kim
--
Kim Keegan | Information Developer