Frame 5.5 and PDF

Subject: Frame 5.5 and PDF
From: Emma Heftman <emma -at- AMIL -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:39:42 IST

Dear all
As a follow-up to my Frame->Word thread, I think I've managed to persuade
management that PDF is the way ahead for document distribution. A huge
thanks to everyone who helped me, and I'll be sending my summary to the list
for all to see.
Anyway, I've been looking back over the archives on font issues with PDF.
There seems to be some disagreement over whether TrueType fonts can be used
to do searches in PDf docs. I'm planning on buying Frame 5.5 and converting docson the UNIX platform, which contain fonts such as Helvetica, AvantGarde, Times
and Courier.
Will there be a problem to do searches on these documents in Windows 95?
Helvetica, Courier and Times are in the list of fonts
that I have in the ATM on Windows 95, but AvantGarde isn't. I thought the
joy of PDF (one of them) was that fonts were embedded so that unavailability
of fonts on different platforms becomes an issue from the past.
Any advice you can give me on fonts and PDF would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Emma Heftman