Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules Reminder

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Posting Rules Reminder
From: "Michael A. Lewis" <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:14:55 +1000

Eric J. Ray wrote:

> Gang,
> READ THESE BEFORE POSTING! Even if you already
> "know" what they say, read them again anyway.
> Eric

As a rather new subscriber to the list (albeit a tech communicator from
way back), I appreciate the opportunity this list gives us all to
explore a lot of issues. One thing about the posting rules that I think
is a little unclear: it seems we can post stuff about language and usage
only if it bears directly on tech writing. In my view, this is an area
intimately tied up with audience analysis, and we need to stay abreast
of -- and even vigorously debate -- questions of new and changing
vocabulary, Br/Can/US spelling, etc. Is this a majority view, and is it
acceptable to the list owner?
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited