Secure .pdf files

Subject: Secure .pdf files
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:20:15 -0500

In our previous episode, Christopher Carmichael said:
> That's why I used .pdf files as security can be included no printing, no
> cut and paste -- just viewing. It's typical that this would happen; and it
> could involve the technical publications department getting the backlash.

Is it possible to create .pdf files that you can print but _can't_ cut
and paste from? I have a need for something like that. Or are the
two security attributes interlinked?

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"A civil war is such an awful bother.
We fought at Tewksbury and still ran out of mustard.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!