Re: Can you convert PDF to Word???

Subject: Re: Can you convert PDF to Word???
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:52:35 -0600

Dave Quebbeman wrote:

> I have used Ambia's Aerial software to convert .pdf to .rtf with some
> success when all I needed was text. Graphics don't seem to make it.
> Ambia's site is

Is there any way one could prevent someone from using this software to
convert PDF files? Will any of the security options in Acrobat Exchange
disable Aerial?

Tracy

PS Before someone jumps all over me for wanting to do this... we give
away free samples of our products on our web page, but we don't want
people to be able to *easily* lift the text and use it for other
purposes. I realize there's nothing we can do to stop people who really
want to do this, but we don't want to make it easy.

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm