Re: Career changer vs. entry level

Subject: Re: Career changer vs. entry level
From: "Smith, Amy" <amsmith -at- PTC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:52:14 -0500

Wayne Douglass wrote:

>Nobody says "I want to be a technical
> writer when I grow up" either.

My father once suggested to me, in my junior year of high school, that I
think about becoming a technical writer. Of course, I filed that
suggestion away with all the other parental advice I ever ignored. :-)

I did not become a technical writer right out of college. It took me
about six years.

To my dad's credit, he has never said, "I told you so."
Amy Smith, Documentation Manager
Parametric Technology amsmith -at- ptc -dot- com
128 Technology Drive
Waltham MA 02154

Archives:,, or