Re: Career changer vs. entry level

Subject: Re: Career changer vs. entry level
From: Wendy Phillips <wendy -at- SYNERGEX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:20:15 -0800

To everyone who stumbled across the tech writing profession through
fortuitousness:
Much to my surprise, when I told my grandmother, who worked for Rockwell
International for over 50 years in the personnel department, that I'd
chosen to become a technical writer she said, "That wonderful! We always
had a difficult time finding tech writers. It's good that you've found
your [she meant a "real", family-approved] career." I had no idea anyone
in my family had ever heard of a technical writer before (much less thought
I was a responsible member of society by becoming one)!
Wendy Phillips
wendy -at- synergex -dot- com