postscript fonts

Subject: postscript fonts
From: "Gibson, Stephanie" <SGibson -at- QWIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:30:17 -0500

<clip>
> Also, if you have postscript fonts, you need a postscript printer.
> Upgrading an HP for postscript (including adding memory) costs about
> $500 and takes a few weeks (to order parts). You might have a
> PS-enabled printer, but if you don't, ....
<end of snip>

I use postscript (Type 1) fonts now due to having search/find problems
within PDF files using True Type fonts. If you use ATM, the Type 1
fonts will print to a non-postscript printer. I have 2 printer setups,
one postscript and one non-postscript. The information prints the same
on both, except it's sharper on the postscript. I didn't have to buy
any extra memory or a new printer to be able to print non-postscript
after I started using the new fonts.

stef