Research interviewing tips

Subject: Research interviewing tips
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:52:03 EST

Lots of you have already shared many helpful interviewing tips. I
agree with many of them. Here's one more:

Bring food to the interview. Doughnuts, cookies, popcorn, fruit, it
almost doesn't even matter. I had one SME who wouldn't make time for
me at all until another tech writer started feeding her. Now she's
one of my buds and will give me any information I want. It's the halo
effect, I guess.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)