PageMaker vs Word

Subject: PageMaker vs Word
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:02:39 EST

Steve Taylor <sntaylor -at- STARTEXT -dot- NET> wrote:

> I started using Pagemaker about 4 months ago after using Word 6, Word
95, and Word 97 for most of the previous three years. I have these
observations:

> 1. My blood pressure is down a full 20 points.
> 2. My artwork is all present and accounted for.
> 3. My productivity has increased about 40%.
> 4. None of my documents has crashed or choked, and some of them are
really big.

> Has anybody else had a similar experience?

I've been working on PageMaker off and on since 1987, mostly since
1993. I just love it -- but then, you have to remember that the
alternative here is Word. Auggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

I hear great things about Frame and am eager to try it.

Somebody whose name is lost (alas!) wrote:

> As long as you work locally, you should not have any problems. The
only problems I ever had were when I stored my files on the network
rather than on my hard drive. Apparently there is a known bug with PM
and networks (it might just be a Novell thing - not sure). Hopefully
they'll fix it soon.

Steve wrote:
> I've been storing my PM files on a network for almost 18 months
without problems. We use NT server.

Dunno what kind of server we have -- I think it's Novell -- but I have
never, ever had a problem with my files, and I always store them on
the server.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)