Availability of STC Publications -Reply

Subject: Availability of STC Publications -Reply
From: Mike's Computer <mpbryans -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:18:47 -0500

Regarding postings by Walter Hanig and Keith Soltys, perhaps the STC HQ
might consider using Common Ground Web Publisher. Authors of submissions
can use their favourite DTP application and simply convert to DigitalPaper
(DP). It is a universally readable, Java-enabled, searchable format, and a
decent alternative to PDF and PS. See http://www.hummingbird.com/cg

STC staff can accept virtually any submissions (subject to style
guidelines), batch convert to DP, and automatically post the Web. No need
to worry about HTML coding. I'm not sure how much exposure Common Ground
has in the electronic document distribution/DTP market but I have been
working with it for nearly a year and find it pretty impressive.

Michael Bryans
Hummingbird Communications Ltd.
R&D Technical Writing
Toronto, ON, Canada