TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Re: Review Continued From:Annette Schulz <Annette -at- DIGITAL-REN -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:46:25 -0500
Here is the other information that was requested...
Work in Toronto (corporate headqtrs).
Probably have about 5 years experience doing senior level project
The only tech writer (senior), no other comparable jobs in co.
Report to management and am accountable for all projects.
Previous message I sent (responsibilities list):
My responsibilities have included the following:
* Created documentation strategy for all software initiatives
* Created corporate layout and scoped content for OLH.
* Supervised and delegated re-design, usability enhancements and
content updates for v.2. of the OLH file
* Corroborated with usability architects to improve on iterative
versions of documentation.
* Worked with Director of RD, program manager and developer to
generate a software design spec to create a more user-friendly,
* Participated with the Marketing Team to help develop overall
* Designed and developed several corporate communication
initiatives: brochures, postcards, and folders. Set the copy style for
overall marketing vision.
* Generated award-winning copy for corporate Website in 97
* Designed corporate template and scoped content for manuals.
* Monitored subsequent information requirements for various RD
initiatives and made changes to documentation accordingly.
* Reworked HTML-based reference materials.