Re: Fonts and Copyrights

Subject: Re: Fonts and Copyrights
From: "Linda K. Sherman" <linsherm -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:07:49 -0500

Faith Wallis wrote:

> What are the copyrights on fonts? How would I find out about the
> copyrights on certain fonts? We were thinking of making some fonts
> available on our Intranet corporate-wide, but don't want to infringe on
> copyrights.
>
> What would be the "best practice"?

As must as I despise the organization and their heavy-handed tactics,
you might try contacting the Software Publishers Association, which is
the private police force of the commercial software industry. They could
probably tell you what the rules are and how to go about getting the
right licenses. Unfortunately, I don't have their address but I believe
they have a web site.

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- concentric -dot- net>
Lintech Systems, Inc.