Re: Employment Interview

Subject: Re: Employment Interview
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:28:19 -0600

> Would you rather have
> someone hide the truth so you could deal with the consequences after you
> hire them or tell you the truth so you can ask one or two clarifying
> questions during the interview.

But how many hiring managers *would* ask clarifying questions, and how
many would just slam a mental door in your face as soon as they heard
"personality conflict?" Isn't that code for "I don't like my
pointy-headed boss and my boss doesn't like me, therefore I am hard to
get along with and you should not touch me with a ten foot pole?"

Tracy
BTW, check out Sunday's (2/15) Dilbert if you missed it -- timely font
humor!!! :-)

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm