QUESTION: regarding FrameMaker maintenance and tech. support

Subject: QUESTION: regarding FrameMaker maintenance and tech. support
From: James Bauman <James -dot- Bauman -at- SAFETY-KLEEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:59:45 -0500

From: James Bauman on 02/18/98 09:59 AM

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc:

I checked the archives and didn't see this question in it.

Our department is planning on buying copies of FrameMaker 5.5 soon. Two
related items connected with the purchase have come up recently. A catalog
firm that sells the software at a good price mentioned these options:

FrameMaker Win Maintenance-----includes all product upgrades for one
year-----$149.00 per copy.
CF Technical Support------includes toll free technical support for one
contact, one product per year-----$149.00 per copy.

Has anyone purchased these options? Are they worth the cost? Whether you
have or have not purchased them, what have you heard or experienced as to
their usefulness?

Regarding at least one upgrade: I had already talked to Adobe and was told
that if our company buys the full-blown FrameMaker package, we can
telephone Adobe later and get free upgrade copies of 5.5.2.

Thank you!

Jim Bauman
IS -- Technical Publications
Safety-Kleen Corp.
Elgin, IL
1.800.669.5740 Ext. 2714

mailto:jbauman -at- safety-kleen -dot- com