Re: Word 6.0 Tables and Graphics

Subject: Re: Word 6.0 Tables and Graphics
From: Adria Quinones <adriaq -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:14:58 -0500

> We're in the middle of incorporating the written material from the initial
> drafts and a revision draft into a second draft. The Preventive Maitenance
> Checks and Services section of the manual is laid out in a table with .wpg
> graphics files being imported into the table as needed.
> The graphics are formatted to the size we need and look fine when we save > the file and then close it. However the graphics keep blowing up from the > formatted size to the width of the page every time we reopen a file.

> We're using Word 6.0 on a Windows 3.11 network (soon to be going to Office
> 97 and Win NT 95) Is there anyway to turn on the frames option in a table??
> Is there a work around? Is this problem going to haunt us in Office 97 as
> well?

Try framing the the graphic. That should preserve the size.
Alternatively, you can select the table and frame that.

My main client moved from your current environment to your future one
this past fall. I'd be interested in your impressions when you get
there.

Adria Quinones
SVC Computing
adriaq -at- earthlink -dot- net