Re: CBT v Training Redirect

Subject: Re: CBT v Training Redirect
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:01:59 -0500

Tracy Boyington [tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG] wrote:
>What *is* impossible is picking the one Holy
>Grail of delivery methods (whether it be stand-up trainer, CBT, or
>something else) that works best for all subjects and all learners.

Hear! Hear! We can no more as trainers expect everyone to
accept _one_ delivery method than as writers we can expect the same
document to serve all audiences. There have been some good threads here
about audience analysis in writing, and the basic principals apply to
training.
One more thing I'd add. Look at the training available for MS
Word: You can purchase official books from MS Press, third-party books
from a number of vendors, 1 to 7 day "stand-up" training classes from
vendors and educational institutions, video- and audio-tapes, and, yes,
Web and CD CBT. People are paying for all these options, because
different people learn in different ways.
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.
Mcraver -at- opensolutions -dot- com