Re: Meta tag legalities

Subject: Re: Meta tag legalities
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:01:49 -0600

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument, I'm competing with a company
called ABC. What if, in my meta tag, I put the following:

&#65;&#66;&#67;

These are the escape characters for ABC. The trademark for ABC is never
appears in the source, but it's interpreted that way by the browser. I would
think that would weaken ABC's case (if it has one), as their trademark never
actually appears in my page, my source, or any place else.

--
Chris Hamilton
chamilton -at- gr -dot- com