Re: Graphics for both PC and Mac

Subject: Re: Graphics for both PC and Mac
From: Walter Hanig <wdh -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:21:23 -0800

At 03:11 PM 3/26/98 -0800, Marilynne Smith wrote:
>My department uses both Maintosh and PC. We find that our graphics are not
>sharable between the two types of computer. Is there a standard or method
>that would give us good graphics from the same file in both Mac and PC?
>
>Marilynne

depending on the application that's going to use the graphic and the type of graphic (screenshot? photo? line drawing?), TIF, GIF, and JPG can be good cross-platform formats.

walter

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+