TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job Postings in Fairfax, VA From:Dan Everman <dever -at- NEURALTECH -dot- COM> Date:Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:03:14 -0400
Position: Technical Writers (one full-time permanent, one full-time contract)
Report To: Director of Customer Support
NeuralTech, Inc., a commercial software products company in Fairfax VA, is
seeking two experienced Technical Writers, one full-time and one contract, to
join a small staff in developing documentation for client/server credit card
transaction products. NeuralTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing a
professional, yet casual, work environment. Our products utilize document
imaging, expert system, neural network, and database management system
* Write and maintain technical documentation (user guides, operations guides,
system admin. guides, reference manuals, etc.)
* Develop and maintain online help systems
* Create and maintain training slides and other training materials
Preferred Experience and Requirements (all, or most of, the following):
* Strong writing and communication skills
* Three years' experience producing end-user and technical documentation for
* Two years' experience developing Windows help for client/server systems
* Strong PC skills
* Experience in a version-controlled environment
* Understanding of graphics files formats
* Some HTML authoring (content development and/or help systems)
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business Management or a
* Windows '95 (some Windows NT and UNIX familiarity desirable but not
* MS Word 7.0 (Word 97 preferred)
* Paint Shop Pro
* RoboHelp 4.0 (5.5 preferred)
* MS Help Workshop (32-bit)
* MS Office ('97 preferred)
For further information, please visit our web site at www.neuraltech.com.
To apply, please send your resume with salary requirements by one of the
e-mail: jobs -at- neuraltech -dot- com
mail: Personnel Manager
11320 Random Hills Road, Suite 630
Fairfax, VA 22030
No phone calls.
Local candidates only.