Re: Filling out forms

Subject: Re: Filling out forms
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:31:21 +0200

Dick,

It could be kind of overkill, but it might be worthwile for you to look at
the Forms capabilities of Adobe Acrobat. You would need the full package
(including Exchange and the Capture Plug-in, plus the new (downloadable)
Acrobat Forms 3.5 plug-in). These two products would allow you to scan the
forms and keep them as background. You then would add the appropriate form
fields, which you can then fill out. If you want a "real clean" copy, you
can duplicate the form fields to another page, and print this page on the
original form. You might need to do some adjustments, that the fields are
properly placed, but you would do it for all fields at once.

If you are a little bit adventurous, you could even use some JavaScript
capabilities, to, for example, make some calculations.

If this is really overkill, you might look at illustrator software, such as
Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw. You'd use the scanned original form as
guide to place your text fields.

With a DTP program, such as Adobe PageMaker or Quark XPress, or FrameMaker,
you could proceed similarly, but also link the indivicual text frames,
which would make importing your texts easier, although Illustrator 7 should
allow you to do the same.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap