Re: PS problems

Subject: Re: PS problems
From: LPraderio <LPraderio -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:54:07 EDT

hi bill,
i encountered that problem last year.
why don't you use the adobe 4.0 driver that came with adobe acrobat for NT?
are you using postscript or true type fonts?
if you are just clicking the pdf option in the frame print dialog box, i don't
know what driver/ppd it defaults to (i know in MS Word this option for Word 97
defaults to the crappy Windows driver instead of a decent postscript driver.)
what version of adobe acrobat? we had some probs with the Acrobat 3.01 version
for NT.
my sense is that it's the postscript generation problem, not the distiller
acting up. a good, clean postscript file is the most vital part of the whole
process.

laura praderio
tech wr/ed
denver, co
lpraderio -at- aol -dot- com

*******************************
i use lowercase because my hands hurt sometimes!

******************************
Bill writes:
I'm working with a client who is trying to generate PDFs from Frame. I've
done this plenty of times and know how to take care of most problems, but I
haven't encountered this one, and I can't find any references to it in
Adobe's database.

We print the PS files using the * option to create a separate PS file for
each FM file. When we distill the files, the following error occurs:

exitserver: permanent state may be changed
Warning: Empty job. No PDF file produced.

We're using Linotronic 530 and 630 drivers on Windows NT, printing from
Frame 5.5.2. I'm not as familiar with NT printer drivers, so I couldn't
identify settings that may cause problems on that end.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

Bill Burns
Senior Technical Writer/Technology Consultant
ILE Communications
billdb -at- ile -dot- com