Re: Our Real Nemesis

Subject: Re: Our Real Nemesis
From: Sharon Burton <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 07:09:19 -0700

I do a 1.5 hour talk about designing effective templates that I call
"Designing the Invisible Messenger" to emphasize that an effective template
is invisible to the reader - they do not notice it - and forwards the
message effectively.

It is all a balance. I have seen beautiful books that hindered the message
so that it was unreadable. I have also seen such poor design that the
message was unreadable. A good example was the first edition of Hortons Icon
book. The second edition is great and much improved. The message could be
the same in both but the first edition was poorly designed and virtually
unreadable because of the design.

My opinion.

sharon

Sharon Burton
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS, the award-winning unofficial RoboHELP Newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
anthrobytes -at- anthrobytes -dot- com