Re: Addendum Alert

Subject: Re: Addendum Alert
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:01:31 -0500

Hi, Debbie,

>Even if the addendum pages are bound in with the rest of the manual, let's
>say at the end, how do you alert your users that those pages are there

Since we have about 150 products, many of which are changing at any given
moment, we sometimes have to resort to an addendum, either for errata or
for release notes.

We always print the addenda on goldenrod paper and place them just behind
the title page, before the ToC. By always treating addenda in a standard and
consistent way, (we assume that) the reader will quickly find the new/changed
information.

--Joe Miller
Technical Publications Supervisor
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com