Re: Books - what are the best references for HTML?

Subject: Re: Books - what are the best references for HTML?
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:40:18 -0400

At 09:45 AM 7/14/98 +0200, Tytus Pluciennik wrote:

>My second question to you kind folks concerns HTML. Mainly, what do you
>consider a good resource (book) for Web publishing. I need to make online
>help in straight HTML for our software, which is to be run on Unix. I need
>this online help to be as browser independent as possible, yet I keep
>running into books that are either geared for Netscape or IE. I think I need
>a general HTML reference that is not written for "Dummies", but is on an
>intermediate level. Any suggestions?

Tytus,

The book you want is "HTML: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition" by Chuck
Musciano and Bill Kennedy. The publisher is O'Reilly and Associates;
ISBN 1-56592-235-2. It's the best HTML reference I've ever seen, and
it clearly delineates which features are standard HTML and which are
Netscape-only or Microsoft-only hacks.

--
Barry Campbell | Why people tear the seams of anyone's dreams
barry -at- webveranda -dot- com | is over my head... (Duke Ellington/Bob Russell,