Re: Books - what are the best references for HTML?

Subject: Re: Books - what are the best references for HTML?
From: Bill Swallow <swallow -at- USERTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:06:41 -0400

Looking for good HTML references? Burn them books!!!! They are usually outdated by the time they hit the shelves or soon after. For a good (great) source check out http://builder.com

==========================
Bill Swallow - Team Leader
Usertech - Norwalk CT
phone: 203.851.4328
fax: 203.866.4685
mailto:swallow -at- usertech -dot- com
http://www.usertech.com
==========================

----------
From: Tytus Pluciennik[SMTP:tytusp -at- ADLEX -dot- COM]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 3:45 AM
Subject: Books - what are the best references for HTML?

Hi folks!
First, I'd like to thank all of you for the helpful advice you sent me
concerning my .pdf crisis. Thanks to your e-mails, the problem has been
resolved.
My second question to you kind folks concerns HTML. Mainly, what do you
consider a good resource (book) for Web publishing. I need to make online
help in straight HTML for our software, which is to be run on Unix. I need
this online help to be as browser independent as possible, yet I keep
running into books that are either geared for Netscape or IE. I think I need
a general HTML reference that is not written for "Dummies", but is on an
intermediate level. Any suggestions?

Thank You in Advance.

Tytus Pluciennik,
Gdansk, Poland