Word page numbering problem

Subject: Word page numbering problem
From: Rahel Bailie <rbailie -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:13:25 -0700

I've been given a document in Word 97 that is 16 pages long. The header
has been tagged with automatic page numbering (1 of 16, 2 of 16, etc.).
Upon opening the document, the page numbering reads 1 of 1, 2 of 1, and
so on, until I highlight the tag and press F9. However, once I save and
close, the page numbering reverts to "1 of 1, 2 of 1". I've looked
through every menu I could find but can't seem to find a way to change
this.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it? I tried to
check the archives but the search engine didn't want to co-operate with
me today.

Rahel A. Bailie, Senior Technical Writer
Castleton Network Systems Corporation
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Tel 604-293-0039 (5432) / Fax 604-293-0047
http://www.castleton.com