Re: Most effective approach to training materials

Subject: Re: Most effective approach to training materials
From: "Michele Cottingham (BCS)" <cottingh -at- GROUCHO -dot- BSN -dot- USF -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:01:48 -0400

Suzanne,

If you mean student handout as the hardcopy of your powerpoint
presentation, yes this would be a great start. You can hand it out so
they can follow along or give it to them afterwards.(I like this idea
since it forces the student to pay attention to your presentation and not
let them get distracted by the handout).

I would write an outline of what the students needed to know in training.
This is the best way to determine what is appropriate to include in the
slides or hardcopy. Online help materials and html documents are great as
visual aids for the students to understand. You have two ways to go or
the combination of
hardcopy of the screen capture of these online materials or direct
screencapture into the slides. You can do a screen capture directly into
the slides (which may be blurred) and then make a hardcopy of the actual
screen or webpage as a handout.

hope this gives some insight.

Michele
aspiring tech writer

Michele Cottingham
Technical Writer/Graphic Artist
email:cottingh -at- groucho -dot- bsn -dot- usf -dot- edu
url:http://www.bsn.usf.edu/~cottingh

Follow the Golden Rule
Treat each other's email as you would like yours to be treated.