Re: How to be successful? (A Bit Long)

Subject: Re: How to be successful? (A Bit Long)
From: Lydia Wong <lydiaw -at- FPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:14:27 -0400

I actually agree with Suzette on several points, but just wanted to chime in
on the last one (below), about baking stuff for the office.

I think whether you'd want to do this or not it depends on your
organization. I agree that I do not want to act like nor be the den mother
to a bunch of cubs, providing treats for the pack meetings. However, the
office where I work isn't like that. Several of us, men and women, take
turns bringing in home-baked treats, bagels, communal candy, homegrown
vegetables, etc. So, I guess I'm saying you can't make iron-clad rules about
these things.

And yes, I've gained about 15 pounds since I started working here. ; )

Lydia
----------------
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.
Morrisville, NC USA
www.fpoint.com

Snips of Suzette's note:

><snip> Learn to bake fudge or brownies ... <end snip>
>
>On another topic, I believe that women baking "goodies" for someone (even
if
>it's the entire office), damages the credibility of professional women. I
have
>never worked in an office where a man brought in home-baked goods. In
offices
>where women did this occasionally, they were treated differently (less
>seriously) than other women in the office.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=