Re: Need Professional Advice

Subject: Re: Need Professional Advice
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 05:06:30 +0100

<SNIP>
In any case, I hate this job. I have no desire to continue working on
mainframe systems, and I am completely out of my depth regarding the
financial/manufacturing knowledge.
<SNIP>

Well, you could try to LEARN something from this job. Like it or not,
mainframes are here to stay. Besides, the systems you describe are very
prevalent in the market today. Experience documenting manufacturing and
financial systems can be very, very valuable.

Also, if you are hunting for a specific job, you should be more careful
about the contracts you accept. It is pretty lame to accept an offer from
a company and then complain that it is not what you want to do. (I had a
person do this to me once - I never hired them again.) Most agencies have
no interest in helping you make a decision about a job. They just want
that margin. As far as they are concerned you could be picking lint out of
old men's navels at the client site - so long as they get their 40% margin.

So, my brilliant, well-thought out, infinitely inferior advice is: stick it
out.

Lastly, whack yourself with some wet fishsticks. For no other reason than
it is a fun and, like the rest of the drivel in this message, a useless
piece of advice.

- Andrew Plato

Obligatory quote:

"Hey, does this smell like root beer to you?"

- Unknown demented lunatic

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=