Re: FWD: Resources for Do's and Don't of Contracting

Subject: Re: FWD: Resources for Do's and Don't of Contracting
From: "Stephen D. Murphy" <sdmurphy -at- SHEPARD-PATTERSON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:46:39 -0400

Peter Kent's book, Making Money in Technical Writing, discusses this in
some detail, including a chapter that will help you figure out what your
hourly rate must be in order to equate to your permanent salary
(accounting for taxes, benefits, etc.). There is a lot of discussion of
rates in general and how to approach this very problem. You may find it
helpful -- good luck!

Steve Murphy
Senior Technical Writer, Shepard-Patterson & Associates
2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 209
Arlington, Virginia
Voice: (703) 412-5072 Fax: (703) 412-5078
sdmurphy -at- shepard-patterson -dot- com
http://www.shepard-patterson.com
Adobe Certified Expert - FrameMaker, Acrobat
murphus -at- idsonline -dot- com
http://www.murphus.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=