Re: "Technical writer" in other languages

Subject: Re: "Technical writer" in other languages
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:48:22 +1000

In Spanish it is technico escritor. The e is the <alt 130> character. This translates as technical writer.
In German it is technischer Verfasser.

Both these translations were done on one of the sites kindly given by a list member.

Whilst not perfect and whilst it is limited to only a small number of languages, it may help.

The site is at .


Bruce Ashley

-----Original Message-----

One of the problems that I have when I am describing our profession in
another language (French, Russian, Spanish) is that when I use the literal
translation for the word "technical writer," it comes out funny ("ecriteur
technique" in French, "escritor technico" in Spanish, "tekhnicheskii
pisatel'" in Russian). At least in Hebrew, which I also speak, the literal
translation "katav techni" is appropriate. How would one translate the word
"technical writer" or "technical writing" in French, Russian, or Spanish?
Chaim I. Chatan
P.O. Box 31928
Jerusalem 91318
Home: 02-6426952

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Graphic design use
Next by Author: Re: "Technical writer" in other languages
Previous by Thread: "Technical writer" in other languages
Next by Thread: Re: "Technical writer" in other languages

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads