Re: CD-ROM and Internet Documentation

Subject: Re: CD-ROM and Internet Documentation
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:32:42 +0200

Becky,

Documentation is an integral part of the product. That means, it must be
provided with the product you sell, therefore there must not be any
additional charge for the documentation. Charging may only be acceptable
when more copies than agreed on are requested.

The advantage for the Internet is the speed of delivery. You can be really
up-to-date on the Internet, whereas the logistics with CD-ROMs do take more
time. However, when the integrity of the documentation is an issue, you
still may have to provide CD-ROMs, and you would have to declare the
Internet documents as "preliminary".

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>My company is thinking about internet delivery of documentation (behind
>a firewall, etc.). We already deliver documentation on CD-ROM. We are
>interested in knowing if you deliver documentation by both CD-ROM and
>over the internet. If you do both, why, is it because all clients may
>not have internet access or is the product different? Do you charge for
>your documentation.
>
>Please respond, and also, if you don't mind, please identify the company
>you work for.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Becky Roberts

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=